Our History

Where It All Started

In 1954, Homer and Lillian Steadman purchased a large home at 1632 East Vickery Boulevard in Fort Worth, Texas to provide a home for disadvantaged children. Within a very short time, the Steadman’s had ten children in their care.

Realizing that the need was greater than the space they had available, the Steadman’s began looking for a larger place to build cottages and provide a traditional home life for more children. In 1956, the Steadman’s joined with many other interested families, and were able to purchase a farm in Keller to found Christ’s Haven for Children.