Unscreened volunteers are able to volunteer immediately to opportunities once the volunteer application is filled out. Once the application is filled out, you will receive an email with a link to the signup page with all current volunteer jobs. Below are other available options for unscreened volunteers.
1. Financial Support – Please consider supporting Christ’s Haven. Our children are almost completely dependent on the generosity of the community since we do not receive funding from the government. Monthly contributions add up and we appreciate your consideration of our organization when planning your annual budget.
2. In-Kind donations make a real impact. Contributions of goods, services, and expertise are welcomed. We would love to hear your ideas!
3. Maximize your employer’s programs. Does your employer have a matching gift program, employee giving campaign, or Dollars for Doers Program (contributions for volunteer time)? We can help with paperwork or answer any questions you or your employer may have.
4. Create LOVE BOXES for the kids and teens in our care. The idea behind a love box is a personal gift to a child or teen to make them feel loved by others. There are two ways a love box can be created. The first would be for a child or teen’s first night in care. The box or bag would be generalized gifts for a gender and age range. The second would be for the children and teens already living at Christ’s Haven. This is a great activity for a group since the minimum commitment is 6-8 boxes (enough for an entire cottage). Contact Summer Woods at email@example.com for more details!
5. Consider sponsoring one of our fundraising events. We have a Golf Tournament in the Spring and a Fashion Show in the Fall. Sponsors receive recognition through our website, social media platforms, event signage, and more. This is a great way to reach new clients. Visit https://www.christshaven.org/events/ for more information.
6. Participate in our food pantry program. You can coordinate a food pantry drive and/or volunteer in our food pantry. Check our website for volunteer dates and a list of high-priority items for your next food drive.
7. Participate in one of our community-wide volunteer Work Days that take place in both the Fall and Spring. This involves a lot of yard work, landscaping, etc., and is a great opportunity for families. This is a great opportunity for families and small groups. Registration required. Check our website for dates and more information.
8. Mini Work Days – Help with general landscape and campus projects that may include trimming, mowing, landscaping, raking, housekeeping/cleaning, and more. Additional projects may be available to meet the needs and skillsets of your group.
9. Consider donating your professional expertise or services – web design, graphic design, printing services, carpet cleaning, tree trimming, professional landscape or lawn maintenance service, and more. In-kind donations of time and services are a blessing to our organization. We have an urgent need for adults to help mow (using our riding mowers) and bring weed eaters to help.
10. Host a gift card drive. Many of the kids that come into care have no more than a small bag with a few personal items. Allowing them the opportunity to shop for themselves provides a sense of dignity and pride. Donating gift cards to Walmart, Target, Academy, Kroger and Amazon can be used year-round to fulfill needs on campus.
11. Join us for a LifePath class (Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30 pm). The Life Path Program at Christ’s Haven provides life skills training for the teens in our care. We invite you to share your real-world knowledge and expertise to motivate students and teach a class.
12. Donate and volunteer at our resale shop, Christ’s Haven Resale Shop, located at 301 N. Main Street, Keller. The proceeds from this shop are an important source of income for Christ’s Haven. Call them directly for more information at (817) 431-5718.
13. Prayer matters! Please ask us how you can pray for the children and families at Christ’s Haven.
Please call Summer Woods at 817-431-1544, ext. 1009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, or would like to know more about our unscreened opportunities. We look forward to partnering with you!