Screened Opportunities for Groups & Individuals
Screened volunteers are able to work with the children and teens at Christ’s Haven. The minimum requirement to become a screened volunteer is to fill out the online volunteer application and complete a background check form, with a copy of a valid drivers license.
The background check form can be sent to email@example.com along with the copy of a valid drivers license. The background check can take up to 10 business days to be return.
Below are available options for screened volunteers.
1. Cottage sponsor program. This is a great opportunity for your team to “adopt” a cottage (1 of 6 on campus) and develop a relationship with that family by doing something with/for them monthly. This does not have to be a huge commitment. Examples of monthly activities might include: Ordering pizza for the family & having it delivered, cooking & dropping off a meal, providing movie or restaurant gift cards, reading to a child in the evening, helping clean the house, help out with yard work, etc…
2. Volunteer during our summer recreation program. Each summer our kiddos attend a Christ’s Haven facilitated program both on and off campus. We invite groups to participate by planning and facilitating a sports clinic, arts & crafts class, music camp, or other.
3. Consider becoming a mentor to one of the children in our care. By becoming a mentor you can impact a child’s life today and transform their potential for tomorrow. This opportunity requires training and a long-term commitment. For information about the mentoring program please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Ask your small/community group to group sponsor one of our Friday night or Saturday morning “parent night out events.” This is usually a 3-hour commitment where you plan and bring activities as well as a meal.
5. Consider serving as a back-up care giver for house parents in the event of an emergency or other circumstance that calls them away from home. This opportunity requires a significant training and is perfect for couples wanting to be more involved with the care of the children and teens at Christ’s Haven. Contact email@example.com for more information.
6. Spend a Sunday evening with us in our chapel facilitating an evening of worship. You can plan music and activities.
Please call Summer Woods at 817-431-1544, ext. 1009 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information and to get involved. We look forward to partnering with you!
How Can I Get Involved?
The old saying many hands make light work is so true. There are so many ways you can get involved, and we need your hands!